Foundation Repair Contractors in Mobile Alabama
Foundation Repair Contractors in Mobile Alabama
Foundation Repair and Other services for Mobile County
Foundation problems can be caused by a variety of factors, including settlement, poor drainage, and soil erosion. If you suspect that your foundation is in need of repair, it’s important to hire a licensed foundation contractor. Our contractors and professionals are licensed and have the training and experience necessary to assess the damage and determine the best course of action to repair your home’s foundation. These repairs can be complex and expensive, so it’s important to work with a reputable contractor who can get the job done right.
For over 25 years we have offer the following services to Mobile County residents:
- Foundation Repair
- Home Lifting
- Basement Repair
- Basement Waterproofing
- Concrete Repair
- Concrete Leveling
- Crawlspace Encapsulation
- and much more
We offer free inspections and quotes, so call us today to see how we can help you.
Our Foundation Repair Process
Inspect the Foundation
Our foundation inspection will identify current damage and other potential problems so they can be repaired. During our inspection, one of our contractors will evaluate the exterior of your home. They will look for cracks in the foundation slab or basement walls. They will also look for any other signs of damage. They may also use special equipment to test the soil around the home or building to see if there are any areas that are prone to shifting or settling. After the inspection is complete, you will be given a detailed report of our findings and our recommended repairs.
Find the Source of the Problem
This is where we are unique other foundation contractors. Most companies ignore what is causing the problem and their fix only last a few years. We investigate what is happening, so our repair will not only solve this current issue but prevent future damage. There are several common causes of foundation problems that need to be solved incongruent with the repair, such as:
• Shrinking or settling soil: Soil around the foundation can shrink or settle over time, causing the foundation to settle along with it. This can lead to cracks and other damage.
• Poor drainage: If water isn’t draining away from the foundation, it can seep into the soil and cause the foundation to settle. This can also lead to cracks and other damage.
• Tree roots: Tree roots can grow into the soil around the foundation, causing it to settle. This can also lead to cracks and other damage.
• Plumbing leaks: Leaks in the plumbing can cause water to build up under the foundation, causing it to settle. This can also lead to cracks and other damage.
Complete The Repair
Once the source of the problem is found, it’s time to start the repair process. Depending on the extent of the damage, repairs can range from simple fixes to major reconstruction. Some foundation repairs include:
- Foundation Lifting and Stabilization: This is often necessary when the foundation has settled or shifted, causing cracks and other damage. In these cases, the entire foundation may need to be lifted and stabilized.
- Piering: This involves driving steel or concrete piers into the ground around the foundation. The piers are then attached to the foundation and used to lift it back into place.
- Helical piers: This involves driving steel piers into the ground around the foundation. The piers are then attached to the foundation and used to lift it back into place.
- Slabjacking: This involves pumping concrete or mortar under the foundation to lift it back into place.
- Patching cracks: Cracks in the foundation can be patched with concrete or epoxy.
- Sealing leaks: Leaks in the foundation can be sealed with a waterproof sealant.
- Replacing damaged sections: In some cases, damaged sections will need to be completely replaced.
Prevent Future Damage
Once the foundation is repaired, it’s important to take steps to prevent further damage and solve the problem that caused the damage. There are several things that we can do to help keep your home or building in good condition, such as:
- Soil Stabilization: Our soil report will help us understand the best way to stabilize your soil. Depending on the soil content, we stabilize your soil with compaction or changing the chemical makeup.
- Improving drainage: We ensure that water is draining away from your foundation. We do this by installing a French drain or another draining system.
- Remove Roots or Other Causes of Damage: We remove any roots or other growth that is causing damage. We also have licensed contractors make repairs to broken pipes, sprinklers etc.
Does Your Foundation Need Repair?
3 Signs of Foundation Problems
Your home is your biggest investment, so you want to do everything you can to protect it. That includes maintaining a solid foundation. Unfortunately, foundations can settle over time, causing cracks and other damage. If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to call a foundation repair contractor.
Cracks in Your Foundation
One of the most common signs of a settling foundation is cracks in the concrete. These can appear in both the walls and floors of your home. They may be small at first, but they will usually get larger over time. If you see any cracks, it’s important to have them repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Another sign of a settling foundation is uneven floors. You may notice that your doors and windows don’t close properly, or that your floor feels bouncy when you walk on it. These are all signs that your foundation has shifted and is no longer level. This can lead to serious structural damage if not repaired.
Water in Your Basement
If you start to notice water in your basement, it’s a sign that your foundation is no longer watertight. This can lead to serious problems like mold and mildew. If you see any water, it’s important to call a foundation contractor right away.
Residential & Commercial Foundation Repair
Our company’s main focus is foundation repair, and we strive to provide high-quality, long-lasting services. In the Comal County area, we deliver the finest quality services. Learn more about our foundation repair services here.
Settlement and earthquakes produce fractures and damage to basement walls over time, allowing water to infiltrate. It can escalate to full-fledged flooding if not repaired. Make use of our no-cost basement inspections and get a quote for our basement waterproofing service.
Foundation Crack Repair
Cracks in your foundation can cause a variety of problems. Our foundation repair specialist can assess your foundation cracks and advise you on the best way to repair your concrete.
Your walls bow or lean as a result of hydrostatic pressure from saturated soil, which can eventually lead to wall failure. Our engineers can help you reinforce and repair your basement with the proper solution. Read more about what we offer regarding basement repair.
Moisture and dampness in your crawlspace are early warning indicators of potential troubles. Mildew and mold can grow over time and cause serious health issues to your lungs and body. We can assist you by examining your crawl space and providing you with a no-obligation price for our crawl space encapsulation services.
“The professionals at Mobile Foundation are the most trustworthy in the area! My discussion with them made me feel at ease, so I opted to work with them, and I couldn’t be more pleased with their results!”
“I cannot speak highly enough of their efforts and professionalism. Everything was fantastic! From requesting them to come look at our house to receiving clear/honest/accurate advice and recommendations on what we should do to fix our foundation.”
“I needed to lift around 250 feet of sidewalk on one side because it had settled an inch from the curb. I called several concrete businesses, but the Mobile foundation contractors was the only one who returned my call. They were very quick to arrive on location and provided me a competitive bid. They did a great job leveling the ground and concrete.”
“Mobile Foundation and their team did a fantastic job. They were really professional and diligent in their efforts to complete the project. They waterproofed the whole basement so there won’t be any further leaks. I highly recommend these guys!”